I was having a conversation with my dad the other day and sharing some of my current business ideas with him. I also mentioned that I often discuss new product/business ideas in public with other people.
His response was obviously “Why would you just give away your ideas?”. I then proceeded to give him the "Your Ideas Are Worthless Without Proper Execution” spiel.
So, to put my money where my mouth is, I will be sharing my business ideas here; putting them out there in hopes that either a. I get valuable feedback/encouragement or b. someone else builds it and I get to use it.
So many people have RVs that are in use roughly 5% on the year. The other 95% of the time, they sit in disrepair and usually cost the owner money to store them.
While many sites like RVShare exist that allow you to essentially "rent out" your RV, they still pose a huge challenge in that the RV must be physically located on the owner's property.
I propose to build an RV storage facility where owners receive the following:
In exchange for this, they allow us to rent their RV out at a price we set. It would function much like RVShare in that would-be RVers reserve one of the RVs we have in our fleet and come pick it up. The RV would be ready to go with a full tank of water, full propane tanks, and a generator.
Once they return the RV, it gets cleaned and prepped for the next renter. Profits from the rental would be shared with the RV owner.
There you have it. I'd love to hear your thoughts and I hope to be sharing more of these in the future.